Friday, April 30, 2010

Madadh

Alright, I wrote this poem about my dog. It's not a great poem, but I like it. Most of my poetry is about lust, and a bit of it is about loss. So, this was kinda new to me. Ok, I'll just show you the poem now.



Madadh


This dog is still young
Sure, he may be cute
When he tilts his head
~Inquisitive stare

Then he grabs a knife
From the kitchen sink
Runs around the house
"Hey, come play with me.."

Afraid to get cut
I just back away
He will drop it soon
If I don't give chase

And then, when he sleeps
He is cute again
Chasing that rabbit
He sees in his dreams



So, that's it. What do you think? I'm trying to start working with new styles and themes.

Hey, here's an idea ... give me a few theme suggestions. I'll try to write about whatever you tell me too. This might be fun, or I could fail and look like an idiot. Either way, it should be entertaining to you!

Please comment and become a follower.

Until next time,
~Mikal

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Isn't that how dogs are...with that knife in their mouth. :)
    Sounds like my dog.
    Puppies are a lot of work.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete