Friday, February 5, 2010

A bit of visual poetry

I've been playing around with visual poetry for years now. Eventually, I'll scan my older stuff to the computer so you can see that. For now, here's a few that I put together in Photoshop.

Remember to click the thumbnails to see a larger image.

This first one is called "Inspiration"

Inspiration

It's inspired by Citizen Cope's song, "Let the Drummer Kick It"


This is "Red"

Red

Inspired by a poem that I wrote YEARS ago. I haven't been able to find the book where it's written. I could only remember the first lines ...
Red,
My heart and blood.
Feelings flood.
Finally, this is "Hope"
.
Hope
.
There's bits from another lost poem here. Translated to Chinese characters, because I just think it's beautiful.

There are a few more that I was going to post here, but I'm going to save them for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment